Kína legnagyobb ipari városa, Sanghaj tartományi jogú város minden évben háromféle állami ösztöndíjat ajánl fel külföldi hallgatók számára a University of Shanghai for Science and Technology (USST) kurzuskínálatával.
Each year, Shanghai Municipal Government offers 3 types of government scholarships for international students. Type A (full scholarship) is available for pursuing Master/Doctoral degree program, Type B (partial scholarship) is offered to study Bachelor/ Master/Doctor degree program and Type C (scholarship for outstanding students) is awarded for pursuing long term degree program at University of Shanghai for Science and Technology (USST).
Shanghai government scholarship for international students is offered to pursue any of the courses offered by the University of Shanghai for Science and Technology.
Type A scholarship is granted for Master/Doctor degree program in USST, Type B scholarship is granted for Bachelor/Master/Doctor degree program in USST and Type C is granted for long term degree program at University of Shanghai for Science and Technology (USST).
1. Non-Chinese citizen in good health
2. Applicants pursuing Bachelor’s degree should hold High School degree diploma or the equivalent and should be under the age of 25, and can only apply for Type B or Type C scholarships. Applicants pursuing Master’s degree should hold Bachelor degree diploma or the equivalent and should not be under the age of 35. Applicants pursuing Doctor’s degree should hold Master degree diploma or the equivalent and should not be under the age of 40.
3. The applicants should have excellent academic records.
4. The applicants should be in default of any other Chinese government scholarship.
USST administers 3 types of international students scholarship offered by the Shanghai Municipal Government in an attempt to encourage excellent international students and scholars to study at USST. Type A (full scholarship)- It is granted to excellent international students who will apply for Master/Doctor degree program in USST Type B (partial scholarship)- It is granted to excellent international students who will apply for Bachelor/Master/Doctor degree program in USST Type C (scholarship for outstanding students)- It is granted to outstanding international students who take long term degree program in USST.
What does it cover?
The scholarship contains:
Type A (full scholarship): Students who are granted the type A scholarship will be exempt from application fee, tuition, elementary learning materials expense and lodging expense and will be provided with comprehensive medical insurances for free. The Master’s and Doctoral degree candidates will enjoy monthly living allowance of CNY2,000 RMB and CNY1,700 respectively.
Type B (partial scholarship): Students who are granted the type B scholarship will be exempt from application fee, tuition, elementary learning materials expense.
Type C (scholarship for outstanding students): It is established to encourage the currently enrolled excellent international students who are pursuing long-term study at higher educational institutions in Shanghai. The winners will receive a one-off scholarship in an academic year.
How to Apply:
Application of all three types of scholarships will be processed by the university via online. Application material:
1. Application Form for Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) Class A, filled in Chinese or English
2. Notarized copies and Chinese or English translations of your highest education certificate, including graduation and degree certificates. Verification letter should be provided if the applicants are students or employed.
3. Official transcripts of study records in Chinese or English. Chinese or English translations of the transcripts should be notarized.
4. Study Plan in China (no less than 1,000 words) in Chinese or English?
5. Letter of Recommendation in Chinese or English from two professors or associate professors from the institution where the applicants have completed or will complete study program?
6. Copy of Chinese language proficiency test result of new HSK 5 or above (for students will take programs taught in Chinese only);
7. Students who apply for art programs should provide their works;
8. Copy of valid passport if, available.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
The application deadline for Type A is December 1st to Jun 10th every year, Type B is November 1st to June 10th every year and Type C is March 1st to September 30th every year.
Further information: http://isoe.usst.edu.cn/s/17/t/69/66/06/info26118.htm